Tuesday 1 November 2016

The Gospel of Christ

The Promise of The Messiah

Prophet Isaiah had prophesied, “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulders, and his name will be called ‘Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of peace’.”

Of the increase of His government and of peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David, and over His kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness from this time forth and for evermore. The zeal o the lord of hosts will do this.” (Isaiah 9:6-7)

Prophet Jeremiah was also told, “Behold the days are coming, says the lord, when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, and He will reign as king and deal wisely, and shall execute justice and Israel will dwell securely. And this is the name by which will be called: ‘The lord is our righteousness.’ (Jeremiah 23:5-6)

Prophet Ezekiel, “My servant David shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall follow my ordinances and be careful to observe my statutes. They shall dwell in the land where your fathers dwelt that I gave to my servant Jacob; they and their children and their children’s children shall dwell there forever; and David my servant shall be their prince forever.

I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them; and I will bless them and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for ever-more.(Ezekiel 37:24-26)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template Designed by Mastemplate Published by FLYTemplate